Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bucket Lists

“Every man dies – Not every man really lives.” ~ William Ross

I recently read of the passing of a beloved blogger, gitzengirl's passing this week. 

Sara impacted so many people during her short time on this earth.  I pray that when it is my time to go, that my life will have meant something, like Sara's did.

I read a few of the hundreds of posts online, through blogs and on twitter.  It has drawn me to think about my own life.  There are so many things that I want to do and accomplish, but due to daily commitments and the rush of life, I have pushed them aside.

I began thinking about bucket lists.  You know, the list of things you would like to do/accomplish before your light goes out.  So, I thought, in the spirit of choosing joy and choosing life, that I would publish a few things that I would add to my bucket list.

- Take a cruise
- Go on an international mission trip
- Visit my sponsor child in Guatemala
- Take my son to Disney World
- Hike in Gatlinburg
- Snorkle in the Carribean
- Serve in a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving or Christmas
- Take a cake decorating class
- Write a book
- Publish that book :)

“Every man dies – Not every man really lives.” ~ William Ross

Are you ready to live?

No comments:

Post a Comment