Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days of Loving Life {Day 13 Overcoming Anger & Negative Emotions}

Have you ever been mad at someone?  Really mad?  When you thought back on that time later, did you get mad all over again?

That nasty little cycle is two things: not letting go of the past and is also insanity.  Have you heard the saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results?  It's true.

I am a stuffer.  I tend to stuff my feelings instead of dealing with them.  I don't want to argue.  I don't want to talk about it.  I hope that I can stuff it, say it will be ok tomorrow and then pray that it will be.  Well, lets just say that doesn't work too often.  Nope, sure doesn't.

Whenever I see the person or am reminded of the situation, I am flooded again by frustration, sadness, you name it.   So how do I deal with it?

Pray.  God's Word directs us to pray for our enemies.  I don't believe that is just our arch enemies.  I believe it is also the things or people that rub us the wrong way and bring out the worst in us.  Then I pray for myself. I need strength to deal with this problem and that strength can only come from the Lord.

The formula is simple.  The answer is only a few short words:

1 Thessalonians 5:13 Pray without ceasing.

---
Miss a post?  Click here to find them all!