Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days of Loving Life {Day 25 The Frogs}

Today is October 25th.  It is so hard to believe that we are 3/4 through our journey of 31 Days of Loving Life.  I hope you have been encouraged, inspired and even stretched.  I hope you have experienced an aha moment or two.  Ultimately, I hope God has used my little blog in this great big world to speak to you in some way, no matter how small.  During these last few days in this series, I have a few things on my heart, but I'm not sure where God will lead.
Today I want to talk about the recurring problems in life.  The ones that seem to cycle, come and go.  They are thorns in our lives. 
For me, they are a lot like the dog lying on the nail.  The old hound dog was lying on the front porch just howling and moaning.  Someone asked his owner why he didn't do anything to help the poor old dog and he replied, he's laying on a nail and it just doesn't hurt bad enough for him to get up and move.
In my devotion this morning I read about the Egyptian Pharoah with the frog problem.  There were thousands of frogs in his country, maybe millions.  They were everywhere.  The frogs came as a result of a dispute with God over the Israelites.  God sent Moses to speak to the Pharoah:
"When shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses?" “Tomorrow,” Pharaoh said. Moses replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God." Exodus 8:9-10
This was an aha moment for me.
How often do I say tomorrow to God?  How often do I say tomorrow to my problems?  Why wait a moment longer than I have to, to rid myself of my own "plagues"? 
It's time to clear out the frogs!

---
Miss a post?  Click here to find them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment