Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days of Loving Life {Day 19 Excusitis}

Have you ever had a case of excuseitis?  I'm too old.  I'm too young.  I'm overweight.  I'm not smart enough.  I don't have any time. 

Fauja Singh could have said he was too old.  When he was 89 years old he began running marathons.  Yes, that is correct.  89 years old.  Over the weekend he completed his eighth marathon.  In case you don't know, a marathon is 26.2 miles.  Fauja finished in last place, at 8:25.17. 


What stands out most to you in this story?

I certainly hope that it isn't that Fauja came in last place.  I hope that it's the fact that not only did he conquer his own reasons not to run, but I'm sure, he overcame the remarks and opinions of others too.

What an inspiration.

Reminds me of Abraham and Sarah.  God doesn't look at age.  He's ageless.  Timeless.  He doesn't look at any of our other excuses either.  He knows our limitations, but calls us anyway, because He equips us.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil. 4:13

---
Miss a post?  Click here to find them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment