Thursday, October 6, 2011

Interruption: 31 Days of Loving Life {How I Pray}

I'm sneaking in this post during my 31 Days of Loving Life series to share How I Pray.

I love prayer.  It is 1 on 1 communication with God.  No hype.  No show. Just talking, sharing, sometimes questioning, always thanking.

I am so awestruck how personal God is.  So personal that He gave us the gift of prayer. 

Here are some definitions of prayer from dictionary.com  
prayer

1. a devout petition to God or an object of worship.
2. a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.
3. the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
4. a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying: the Lord's Prayer.
5. prayers, a religious observance, either public or private, consisting wholly or mainly of prayer.


I love that prayer is spiritual communion with God.  Communion is a community act of sharing.  I'm not the only one participating.  God is there with me, participating too. 

A youth pastor once said that God's phone number is Jeremiah 33:3.  I've always remembered it.

Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

God is there waiting to listen and have communion with you.  Will you call Him?  He will answer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment