Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days of Loving Life {Day 21 Count It All Joy}

Today's post is a little later than normal.  I apologize for keeping you on the edge of your seats! Just kidding!

Back in July, my husband had to have ear surgery.  Sounds very simple, but it was anything but simple.  He had a cholesteatoma deep within his ear that had taken his hearing.  We were terrified.  Worried about the surgery.  Worried about the medical bills.  Worried about him being out of work for several weeks.  Worried that we couldn't make ends meet.  Just a whole bunch of worry.

We knew that God would provide. 

He did. 

We knew that God would provide healing. 

He did.

We cut back on everything.  It was really a luxury to go out to eat, even at a fast food restaurant.  And, not only did we survive, but we thrived.

We enjoyed spending time together as a family.  I became quite spoiled to not having to wake up so early and I loved getting home early too.  We found our church and fell in love with our church family during that time.  My husband was able to spend a lot of time with our son.  We had eight full weekends together as a family.

But, there was a problem.  The tumor was gone, but his hearing didn't improve.  And, it still hasn't.

Today, he met with the surgeon again and has scheduled another surgery for November 15.  And, I'm not worried.  I'm happy.

God provided more than we needed during his last surgery and recovery and I know He is already providing for us now. I see this as an amazing opportunity and blessing. 

Now, I don't have to look at the calender and be disappointed that my husband can't make it to a family Christmas gathering because he has to work. 

I don't have to figure out if we can go as a family to our Christmas program at church.

We can truly enjoy spending this Thanksgiving and Christmas season together as a family.  That's the greatest gift we could ask for.  On our wish list, the success of the surgery and we know God has already provided that too.

- - -


These are the verses that I have clung to during many times of trial I have experienced (various translations):

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

James 1:2-8
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Philippians 4:19
My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.

---
Miss a post?  Click here to find them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment